This policy applies to WCT Pty Ltd AFT WCT Unit Trust
ABN 35 822 338 070 | ACN 008 080 386
Collecting & Handling of Personal Information
We may collect your personal information in various ways, including via telephone, hard copy forms or email. Whenever you choose to deal with us, we will where possible collect this information directly from you.
What information do we collect?
• Contact and identification information, this includes your name, residential address, email address and telephone numbers. This information is used for general communication, issuing of invoices and statements and/or other services we may provide.
• Credit and financial information, such as bank details, credit history & your preferred payment methods. This information is used to set up monthly accounts with us and in the event we sell products and/or livestock on your behalf, we can proceed to pay the money owed to you.
• Licencing and permits. This information is used to verify your training and knowledge about potential hazardous or dangerous goods purchased at our store.
• Details about your use of the products or services. This is to insure correct handling and use of the products and services provided and that not potential harm will occur for the misuse of any products or services provided.
We will not release your name, email address, contact information or any other type of personal information given to us, unless written approval is given.
We may use your personal information:
• for any additional purposes for which we have a legal basis, which may be your consent to the use or disclosure of your personal information (which consent may be express, deemed or implied, as explained below) when required
• during emergency situations or where necessary to protect the safety of a person or group of persons;
• where the personal information is publicly available
We may use your personal information without your knowledge or consent where we are permitted or required by applicable law or regulatory requirements to do so.
We may share your personal information with our employees, contractors, consultants and other parties who require such information to assist us with establishing, maintaining and managing our business relationship with you.
Third Party Service Providers
We may disclose your personal information to third party service providers, these will include;
• Insurers, assessors, and underwriters
• The manufacturers, suppliers and contractors we use in our business
• Professional advisors, such as accountants lawyers and auditors
• Third party service providers that we outsource functions to
The reasons we outsource could include the following;
• Managing the supply of our products and services
• Debt Collection
• Assessing credit applications and/or guarantees
• Establishing and managing credit accounts
Security of Personal Information
WCT Rural stores all your personal information both in paper form and electronically, including on the systems of our service providers.
WCT will take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information against misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access. This may include:
• Restricting access to personal information stored electronically or in paper form
• Using technology to prevent unauthorised access to our electronic databases (such as firewalls)
• Staff training, and policies and procedures relating to the use of computers and management of personal information
• Requiring all third party service providers to handle personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
If we no longer require the holding of personal information, we will take all reasonable steps under the circumstances to destroy or de-identify the information. However, we may keep documents that contain personal information in accordance with document retention practices. For example, WCT may retain copies of contracts to which you are a party, even though the contracts may contain personal information about you.
If the security of your personal information has been compromised due to unauthorised access to, or other malicious factors we will notify you and have measures in place to deal with these unfortunate events.
Updating & Access to your Personal Information
WCT will allow you access to all of your personal information when requested. It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of our relationship, please keep us informed of such changes.
We may refuse access to your personal information if there are lawful reasons to do so. We may refuse access if we reasonably believe under the circumstances that doing so would: pose serious threat to the life, health and safety to any individual, or to public health and safety. We will also not release the information if it relates to any existing or anticipated legal proceedings between WCT and you, if it is illegal to release the information, or denying access is ordered by a court or tribunal.
If you have any questions or concerns and you have reason to believe your personal information, credit information or credit eligibility information may have been compromised in any way or if you have any other issues or complaints you can contact the Privacy Officer. You will need to provide us with sufficient details regarding your complaint, as well as any supporting evidence and/or information. The privacy officer will investigate the issue and determine the steps we will undertake to resolve your complaint. If any other information is required we will contact you and request this, we will also notify you in writing of the determination made. If you are not satisfied with our determination, you can contact us to discuss your concerns or complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner via www.oaic.gov.au.
Contact or Further Information
You can call or visit any one of our stores to;
• seek more information about anything contained in this policy;
• request a printed copy of this policy;
• access your personal information held by us;
• update or correct your personal information held by us; or
• opt out of receiving direct marketing material.
Wudinna Head Office – (08) 8680 2388
Ceduna – (08) 8625 2260
Elliston – (08) 8687 9333
Privacy Officer - 0439 889 898
68 Eyre Highway, Wudinna SA 5652
PO BOX 272, Wudinna SA 5652